The flat stone vault of the new shop of St Mary of the Resurrection Abbey in Jerusalem has opened! The system is inspired by the invention of French Engineer Joseph Abeille (1673-1756), who patented in 1699 a special system that allowed the building of flat vaults.
While We Wait is a meditative installation by Bethlehem-based architects Elias & Yousef Anastas about the cultural claim over nature in Palestine.
AAU ANASTAS’ research department ‘Scales’, and the GSA Lab of ENSA Paris-Malaquais are examining the use of three-dimensional free-form stone vaults in Palestine. The results of the research will be used for the construction of the el-Atlal residency in Jericho.
The Toulkarem Courthouse houses the Magistrate and First Instance courts.
Created in the summer of 2014, el-Atlal (the Ruins) is a cultural network that aims to support artistic exchanges between Palestine and the world. The project will be implemented in Jericho.
Developing a museum of the arts and history of Bethlehem in a historical house of the 18th century
With the collaboration of the Form Finding Lab led by Prof. Sigrid Adriaenssens, Princeton University , a design-to-construction tool has been developed for reciprocal structures, andvalidated by the construction of a 5m diameter dome at Princeton University and a temporary pavilion on the Nativity square in Bethlehem. Project team : Sigrid Adriaenssens, Landolf Rhode-Barbarigos, Yousef Anastas).
Neighboring Hisham’s Palace in Jericho, the multi-use space is designed as a common space opened to its environment.
The proposed concept is defined by a geometric volume which generates an urban insertion. The building follows the form of the allocated parcel, thus maximizing the space for an internal courtyard signifying the Memorial space.
Located in Jerusalem, the parcel of the project is oriented towards a single view. The volume is gradually carved, maximizing views and creating generous outdoor spaces.
The mosque’s form emerges from the circular-shaped base, organized as a spiral path around the two distinct entities of the project : the commercial building in direct relation with the future public square, and the main symbolic entity accommodating the prayer hall.
A Stone Pavillion which adapts traditional techniques to the imperatives of resistance within the framework of the Palestinian public space.
RE:LIFTA is a response to the systematic marginalization of Palestinian narratives and to the constant threat of destruction hovering over our collective memory.
Officially inaugurated on September 14th 2012, The National Conservatory Bethlehem branch creates an opened new cultural exchange platform for young Palestinian musicians.
The cocoon’s volume is defined by three curves coping with functional needs. The resulting geometry is approximated by interlocking stacked timber beams.
Situated in the suburbs of Bethlehem, the project occupies a corner parcel. The area is undergoing extensive redevelopment, and the new engineers association office will have a predominant role in the local context.
The town-houses occupy an agricultural lot overlooking the mountains of temptation in Jericho
Located in Jericho, on a longitudinal parcel, the project is subdivided into several programs: a boutique hotel, connected to a health club, and a shop
Extensions, remodeling, and renovation within the compound of Caritas Baby Hospital in Bethlehem
Place Lalla Yeddouna is one of the strategic places of the Medina of Fes. Located at the lowest point of the Medina, along the river, the square adjoins many touristic sites; it hosts an important center of local artisanal,and is a historic passageway between the two historical parts of the town, through the Bin Lamdoun Bridge.
This House of Arts and Culture comes at the right time to boost the already very active creativity that is taking place in Beirut since the end of the period of violence that rocked Lebanon between 1975 and 1990.
The Betharam Convent in Bethlehem hosts a 25 rooms hostel with facilities. Our assignment was the extension and complete remodel- ling of the hostel, and its connection with the main convent building.
The project is located in east Jerusalem, on al- zahra Street. It consists of the remodelling a 1950 building which was a cinema. The building will comprise a concert hall, a cinema, a rehearsal hall, a children’s center and a restaurant.
As a patchwork of landscape paintings, each guest room of the NZR hotel benefits from a large frame-less glass window.facing the Judaean mountains and on a clear day, the Jordan Valley.